Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

An Update

I know I posted that I was in a relationship less than a month ago, but.. It was long overdue. Anyways, We're getting married! No, it isn't official yet, as in I don't have a ring, but we have looked. Yes, lots of people think we (more specifically, I) are crazy.

We are only having a teeny tiny wedding with family and one friend each. No reception. We would like to get married in the Temple, but it's proving difficult as Aaron was sealed to his ex-wife. We've been told many different things about the process of being able to get married in the Temple and it has been very emotional for me. Both Aaron and I have met with our Bishops and started the process (whatever it may be), but we can't schedule an appointment at the Temple until we have the letter of approval in our hands. We've been told it will take 6 - 8 weeks. To make matters worse, the Salt Lake Temple is closing for the summer from June 24th to August 13th. Getting married in July or August isn't really an option due to other circumstances. We want to get married in 9 weeks, so I'm nervous about everything. I've already cried on multiple occasions and am so stressed about everything. We're hoping and praying it will all work out!

8 comments:

Cristina said...

everything will work out like its supposed to in the end :) so excited for you!

T-Ray said...

Wow!! ..... wow, wow! Congrats. Everything will work out the way it is supposed to. I can see why you are worried/ stressed... I would be too, but try not to be. It will happen the way it is supposed to. Good luck with everything and let me know if you need any help or a listening ear. :) I'm happy for you.

Sourire said...

Congratulations! Such exciting news. I can only imagine how overwhelmed you feel. Keep praying and I know peace will prevail! Much love and happiness is being sent your way :)

Crystalyn said...

People thought I was crazy getting married to Shaun after I'd known him for 5 months! But it's worked out pretty well I'd say :) Try not to stress out too much, all that matters is that you are in love and everything will work out the way it was meant to.

HB said...

Hey Kay - One piece of advice from your all knowing x-work buddy...don't allow the stress to get in the way of all the good stuff going on; do your best to stay present in those moments and you will be just fine. I'm so happy you found Aaron and he is super lucky to have found you!! Congrats and let's do lunch soon!
Love ya,
HB

P.S. Thanks for picking up that cheese cake for me today - very nice of you to handle that in your "free time". :)

Fernanda dos Santos said...

My husband and I started dating, got engaged and married within nine months (I wasn't pregnant lol) but it worked out fine. People often ask me: Why did you get married so young / quick? I always say: "Well, when you know, you KNOW."

Good luck on this new journey in your life. Hope to see all those planning/going crazy posts soon :)

Jillian said...

Congratulations!!! How very exciting for you guys!! I am going through the same process right now with sealing cancellations - they can be stressful and take a long time, they can also go very quickly. Hang in there :-) It will all work out the way it is supposed to. I will keep you in my prayers that it will move along quickly so you can be sealed in the temple. Love and Hugs to you!!

Sarah said...

Good luck with the stress! :-) I'm thrilled for you!