Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Big, BIG Changes!

I'm a terrible blogger - But at least I can own up to it! Honestly, I don't care. My thought is that if I am too busy actually living that I don't have time to blog then good for me!

I'm married now. Yep, you read that right! We had a small family wedding mid-July and it was perfect. There was only one disaster day of, caused by a 10 lb fur ball, but other than that everything went according to plan. You can view pictures of the wedding here. Aaron's SIL is a photographer and so graciously offered to do our pictures. She did an exceptional job and I couldn't have asked for more! I am so thankful to you, Tara! I'll probably do another post of just wedding pics and I'll credit/link up to everyone involved.

We honeymooned in Las Vegas and had a really good time! Let's just say what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Ok, just kidding! We found discount tickets to Cirque du Soleil's Mystere and it was so cool! Other than the show we did a ton of walking, eating, and lounging around. It was extremely hard for me to get back to daily life after the wedding and honeymoon were over!

After our honeymoon we moved in together. It was so much work and we still haven't gotten completely settled in. With Aaron and I each living on our own for so long we ended up having double of some items and just a lot of things that we don't need. I think most of that is me, I have so much stuff! We have the bulk of things setup, it is the small details that need work. Curtains, decorations, etc... We'll get there, but I'm not sure how soon!

Besides the news of the wedding, I should also share that I enrolled in nursing school!!! I signed away my life for about $60K of student debt and start at the end of August! I'm nervous, excited, anxious and feel like I am going to throw up all at the same time when I think about it! I am doing an accelerated program that lasts 22 months and when I graduate I'll be an RN. I have given my notice at work and am trying to stay focused during the last few weeks. It is SO hard! They haven't found a replacement for me yet, which is somewhat of a worry. I guess I can't stress too much, because soon it will no longer be my responsibility. I'll miss my coworkers, but am more excited to move on with life. I am still kicking myself for not listening to my mom when she told me to go to nursing school after I graduated high school. I guess you live and you learn!

Things with the kids change on a daily basis. Same with Aaron's ex-wife. One day we're all happy-go-lucky each living our separate lives and the next is major fighting or accusations being thrown around. I've only been face to face with her once and it was a miserable experience. I just wish we could stop playing the "he said," "she said," stuff and move on. It is interesting, seeing how much the kids pick up when no one says anything. Don't let them fool you by their age, they are super intelligent! I still adore them and care for them a lot. It is hard to show it sometimes, their mother has told them I am not allowed to hug them or pick them up (seriously?!) so I always wait for them to come to me. I know life isn't easy for them and try to put myself in their shoes so I can understand their actions and feelings. Sometimes they say they don't like things at our house, the activities we do, our food, etc... not because they don't actually like it, but because they feel they have to be loyal to their mom and automatically hate me. I wish it wasn't that way, but all kids with divorced families go through that. We try to have family prayer every night they are with us, and soon we'll start having scripture study. I feel like I am always nagging, and it isn't a good feeling. I know it is just part of (step)motherhood, but it's going to take some time getting used to it. The first few years will be the hardest, but Aaron and the kids are definitely worth it. I love them all so much!

1 comment:

T-Ray said...

Wow! Nursing school? Good for you! Good luck. And good luck with the kids and adjusting to everything. You will be great and it will all turn out. You are being good with patience. :)